Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tonsillitis Day 5

Weds, June 3, 2009 at 11:57pm

Wednesday: I can feel myself starting to get better. I actually slept last night, free from the 30-45 minute intervals I have been accustomed to the past three nights. I will admit the mass quantities of drugs I am taking provide me with night sweats and crazy, very intense dreams. I am still coughing up lots of flem, but with every cough, I feel a little better. Most importantly, my throat is not as bad as the past three days. At this rate of recovery, I fully expect to be back in the classroom tomorrow.

I visite
d the Korean rice porridge restaurant, Bonjuk, for take home lunch today. This time I tried the pumpkin porridge, which was an excellent selection. Cost of porridge lunch was 7,000 Won, but a generous portion was provided along with the standard side dishes. I also had a bottle of Gatorade with lunch today to help replenish missing electrolytes.

This afternoon I slept between 1-6pm, and then showered and cleaned the apartment. My eye looks much better, so I did not feel the need to visit Dr. Joe's today. Besides, I have spent enough time and money in neighborhood doctor's offices this week.

It's now 12:10am and I am signing off to go to bed. I told the school I may be available to teach in the morning, but they told me to "take a rest" and perhaps I can return to class tomorrow night. At this point, I just want to get out of my apartment and get some exercise. Hopefully, my condition continues to improve overnight and tomorrow I can do just that.

No comments: